Banana Scrambled Eggs
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- Spray a small frying pan with nonstick spray (or use a dab of butter/ oil).
- Turn the stove on medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana then add the egg. Whisk together until combined.
- Add mixture to pan, stir slightly to cook. DO NOT OVERCOOK! A little undercooked is fine, since the heat will continue to cook the eggs for a while after you remove from pan.
- Scoop mixture onto a plate, drizzle with honey, and bon appetite!
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just made this tonight for dinner. SO GOOD! I used 1/2 cup egg whites, and one large banana which I mashed with a pastry blender, leaving some chunks, as well as cinnamon. I was originally planning on using some sugar-free syrup, but when I tasted how sweet this was, I didn't even bother!! Tastes EXACTLY like french toast!! Will make again and again!! <br/>Note, even with 1/2 cup egg whites (aprox = 2 whole eggs) the serving size is fairly small. Ok for a snack, but for a meal, you may want to use more, closer to 3-4 eggs (2/3 - 1 cup whites)
I wanted to like these, but they really didn't work. The banana was the only flavor, and it was quite one-note where it needed something else. It was also too sweet - my banana was fairly ripe and I skipped the honey. I thought about using molasses or something to save it, but it was already too sweet. Cinnamon (as others recommend) helped, but not enough. Maybe I should have used more. I might try this with plantains sometime and use molasses to give it sweetness/depth.
This recipe was so good I had to join the website just to make a review! Sooo yummy. I don't tolerate raw bananas well so i'm always looking for recipes that aren't banana bread. I used a drizzle of honey but i'm sure cinnamon would be wonderful too. Thank you for the creative and delicious recipe :)
see 3 more reviews