Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tried this recipe at a resteraunt and altered it a little bit at home. Its great with fresh Italian bread with garlic!! Basil is optional! Works great as an appetizer
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion (scallions)
- 2 cups light olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 2 large limes, juice of
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- loaf bread
- Wash and de-leaf the cilantro.
- Chop the cilantro (carefully, cause cilantro damages and bruises easily!).
- Dice the green onions.
- Combine all the ingrediants together in a serving dish or bowl.
- Cut or rip the bread into bit size peices.
- Chill for 10- 15 minutes.
- Spoon over bread and enjoy!
Way too much vinegar and acid for my likes.
I made this for friends at a get together this weekend, and yes, I used the optional basil, about 1/4 cup. Delicious!! As for the bunches of green onion and cilantro, I used small bunches. I would say 4-5 small green onions or so. I bought some crusty french bread, and tore it into pieces, and our guests dipped and spooned their way into it. It was a great, flavourful appetizer, and very easy to make. Thanks for posting!!