I go this out of the local newspaper. I LOVE, LOVE this dip, in fact a friend of mine and I make it and finish it all in one sitting. Great with corn chips. My main suggestion is to have some sort of breath freshener available afterwards.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch cilantro, long stems trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onions
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 small dried chili, crumbled
- Place Cilantro, garlic, water, mayonnaise, vinegar and lemon juice in food processor.
- Process until finely minced but not pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process for several pulses, or until just combined but not emulsified.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This definitely needs salt if not eating it with a salty food like chips or pretzels; I used it as a veggie dip. I added about 1/2 tsp and it was excellent! I'm also planning to use it as a dip with Chicken Satay. A previous reviewer suggested adding some softened cream cheese and this sounds like a great idea too. In addition, I tried using a blender for a smoother consistency and it was terrific as well! One other idea...this could be used as a marinade with chicken kebobs! YUM!
Awesome, awesome flavor. Not sure what I did to screw it up, but the consistency was all wrong, very liquidy. Is it really 3 tbs of lemon juice? Also, I forgot the onion. Either way, it was really good! We poured a little over our burritos last night. Today I softened up a brick of cream cheese and blended it with that so that I could dip chips in it. AWE-SOME! Great recipe!
I tried this the 1st day after about 1 hour refrigeration but wasn't crazy about it. Tried it the next day with tostadas and some bread too. Finally tried dipping some jalapenos I had stuffed with cream cheese and bacon and battered and fried. That did it, YUM, had again the 3rd day with the jalapenos. Jalapenos were cold out of the fridge and it just added the perfect flavor. I might try using it on grilled fish next time. Definately will make some of the jalapenos again to go with it and of course some fish. But will definately make a day before I intend to use. Made for PAC Fall 2007