Shelly's Cilantro Feta Dip
This is another adoption from Shelly's recipes. Shelly had suggested it to me while I was planning for a party, and I prepared it to receive rave reviews from my guests. (I guess that they liked cilantro and feta. LOL) The immeasurably cute Shelly's comments from the time of posting are as follows: From Southern Living. I made this once for a co-worker's birthday only to find out later she hates cilantro AND feta! Oops! If you like those ingredients, you'll like this simple dip. Did not include optional soaking of feta in milk in prep or cook time. Cook time is the chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup milk (skim works fine but this ingredient is optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (fat free is fine)
- 1 (8 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Mexicana sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- OPTIONAL: Place feta and milk in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 hours).
- This removes sodium content.
- Drain and discard milk.
- Process feta, cream cheese, sauce, cilantro and garlic in food processor until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, chips or veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love cilantro and feta, so have been wanting to give this a try for a while. This was pretty good...definitely different! I love the tip on removing sodium from feta, never knew that... I will definitely make again. Beware, it makes quite a bit, but is definitely good. I served with tortilla chips and mixed seed crisp bread. After tasting, think it would be great as a vegetable dip!Reply