Chickpea and Feta Dip
Serve this with sliced toasted pita bread bits or any other flat bread you like. The amount of yogurt is difficult to give, it depends on how thick or thin you want to make the dip, I used 1/2 a cup. You can make this dip chunky or very smooth whatever you prefer.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup of thick plain yogurt, divided
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped (any color)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned (preferred)
- 5 -6 kalamata olives, stoned and quartered
- salt, pepper and chili powder to taste (optional)
- Put in your food-processor: chickpeas, olive oil, a 1/4 cup of the yogurt and the garlic, process until smooth.
- Now add: parsley, feta, bell pepper and the green onions and process to desired smoothness.
- Add more yogurt if needed.
- Remove to a bowl and mix in the tomatoes.
- Taste the dip to decide or you want to add any salt, pepper or chili powder.
- Garnish the dip with the olives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a very yummy, healthy dip that we enjoyed a lot served with raw veggies for dinner today. I luved the addition of tomato, bell pepper and feta to a chickpea dip. Very tasty! The dip was refreshing, but I found the parsley a little bit overpowering. I will just use less next time. All in all a wonderful recipe, that I will make again. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it here with us, Pets! Made and reviewed for YOUR cookathon in the Photo Forum May 2010.1Reply