Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This has been passed all around at my place of work and it is delicious!
Make and share this Cilantro and Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cilantro (fresh makes it taste better)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sugar (diabetics and carb counters can use a substitute such as splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Drain the liquid off of the beans and rinse with water in a strainer. And place in a larger bowl. All all other ingredients except for sauce ingredients.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small cause pan and cook on low until the sugar melts, then pour over the bean mixture. Mix throughly. Let marinate over night before serving and stir occasionally.