Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has been passed all around at my place of work and it is delicious!
Make and share this Cilantro and Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cilantro (fresh makes it taste better)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sugar (diabetics and carb counters can use a substitute such as splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Drain the liquid off of the beans and rinse with water in a strainer. And place in a larger bowl. All all other ingredients except for sauce ingredients.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small cause pan and cook on low until the sugar melts, then pour over the bean mixture. Mix throughly. Let marinate over night before serving and stir occasionally.