Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very easy to make main dish perfect for fall and winter nights.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage links
- 3 cooking apples, cored,peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prick sausages with a fork and place in a baking dish.
- Add apples, onion and cider.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and onions are tender.
Made this tonight and it is OMG delicious!! My DH described it as "melt in your mouth good".The apples,onions,&cider meld together perfectly and give a fabulous flavor to the sausage. This is rather easy to throw together, so it will be made again & again. I made Cranberry Stuffing to go with this and it was the perfect accompaniment.Thank You so much.Made for Snow Queen Edition of Comfort Cafe- Jan.'10.