Recipe by kellychris
From The Anglers' Rest, Fingle Bridge, Exeter., Britian
Top Review by PanNan
I used one inch thick pork chops and didn't put the topping on until they'd been in the oven for 30 minutes to keep from getting too dark. I also checked the internal temperature of the chops and found that they were done after 45 minutes. They were nice and moist. I think the chops could have used some seasoning before placing on the apple mixture, but the apples were delicious. Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
- 250 g cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 5 pork chops
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup browned breadcrumbs
- watercress, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Place apples, onions, and mushrooms on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pork chops on top and pour the cider over.
- Mix cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until chops are cooked through.
- Serve, garnished with watercress.