Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From The Anglers' Rest, Fingle Bridge, Exeter., Britian
Make and share this Cider Baked Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Place apples, onions, and mushrooms on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pork chops on top and pour the cider over.
- Mix cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until chops are cooked through.
- Serve, garnished with watercress.
I used one inch thick pork chops and didn't put the topping on until they'd been in the oven for 30 minutes to keep from getting too dark. I also checked the internal temperature of the chops and found that they were done after 45 minutes. They were nice and moist. I think the chops could have used some seasoning before placing on the apple mixture, but the apples were delicious. Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
This was really tasty and really easy, but didn't LOOK like it was really easy to make. However my chops ended up dry after an hour (when I checked and pulled them). I think it was because my less than 1/2" chops were just too thin. I would recommend 1" chops for the full cooking time. However, my topping was also getting really dark at the one hour mark, so another suggestion I have would be to NOT put on the topping, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes, then add the topping and cook the rest of the time uncovered. That said, when you put the delicious onion/mushroom/apple mixture on top of a chop, the dryness totally went away in a mouthful of yumminess! :) Thanks for posting, made for Gnome Tag.