Recipe by DDW
A quick and easy skillet dish that is tasty and low-fat too! We enjoyed it served over brown rice. From 501 Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes.
Top Review by JustJanS
We enjoyed this thank you. I made it using skinned chicken legs with the bone in and once I added them, I covered the dish and cooked it for around 45 minutes. I doubled the curry powder and added 2 garlic cloves in with the onion. The recipe was quick to get together but just lacked "something" I'm going to try adding fresh ginger next time and finish it with chopped fresh coriander.
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained, fire roasted if you can find them
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (without salt or fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine in a large skillet over med. high heat until melted.
- Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in curry powder; cooke stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato, chutney, vinegar & honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.