A quick and easy skillet dish that is tasty and low-fat too! We enjoyed it served over brown rice. From 501 Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained, fire roasted if you can find them
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (without salt or fat)
- 1Heat margarine in a large skillet over med. high heat until melted.
- 2Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- 3Stir in curry powder; cooke stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tomato, chutney, vinegar & honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chutney Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 259.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar