Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The heartiest most delicious soup that will please anyone on a winters day. You can put any vegetables in place of others, what ever you've got in the cupboard.
- 4 liters vegetable stock (or 4 litres of water and 16 teaspoons of powdered stock)
- 1 big potato
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1 big onion
- 1⁄2 bulb of garlic
- 1⁄4 red cabbage
- 1⁄4 green cabbage
- 1 large zucchini
- 250 g frozen spinach or 250 g chopped spinach
- 1 (800 g) canof crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can corn kernels
- 500 g of washed red lentils
- salt and pepper
- Simmer everything except the tomatoes and the red lentils until very soft, then add tomatoes and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Turn down the heat then add the red lentils, cooking until the lentils mix in to the rest of the broth. Simple but delicious!