Recipe by Chef Patience
This recipe was given to me by my Italian FIL. I don’t measure when I make this, I just eyeball it. So if you wish to make any adjustments to the amounts, feel free. Eat it with a crusty or toasted Italian bread. It is yummy! Entered for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Love this dip (or topping) and have made a similar one with feta added. Can also add black olives - Kalamata preferred. Thanks for submitting such a simple and versatile dip.
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine (I prefer red onions)
- 1 garlic clove, if roasted, chop fine, if raw, just crush
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Cover and let them meld in the refrigerator overnight. Shake the container occasionally to mix a little.
- This can be eaten right away if you wish, but it does taste better if it marinates for a while before you eat it.