Awesome Bacon-Tomato Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- shredded lettuce (to garnish) (optional)
- In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Add chopped tomato and stir well.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
- Serve with Townhouse crackers or Wheat Thins.
- Also good served in a bread bowl with bread cubes to dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a single gal, living on my own; currently working as an Occupational Therapist & living in Cumberland, MD. (It is "God's Country" out here...beautiful!) I LOVE to cook and bake, and love anything that looks, tastes, smells, or even closely resembles a veggie. I LOVE moo-cows, and therefore, cannot bring myself to eat any part of the adorable critters (i.e. NO RED MEAT!!) I love the outdoors, and pride myself on being the master griller on the fire pit. My mother's side of the family is 100% Polish, so I have an inborn passion for cooking...unfortunately, along with that comes a love of eating, too!! But, hey..u only live once, so I say "EAT, DRINK, and BE MERRY!!!""
Join The Conversation
Made it as directed and it was wonderful! It is even better when it is allowed to chill in the fridge overnight. Makes 3 cups or so -- plenty for a party or potluck. I will definitely make again and maybe add a bit of chopped green chile next time just to change it up, but it is still excellent as is!