Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tasty loaf is a Christmas Morning staple at our house. It is simple, and makes two large loaves. It's great warm with a little butter.
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil, eggs, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Add sugar, flour, soda and cinnamon, blending well.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Bake in greased loaf pans about an hour or until a toothpick tests "clean".
- Cool 15 minutes in bread pans.
- Remove from pans-I wrap mine in foil and slice the loaves just before serving.
LOVE THIS BREAD! Easy to make - mini or regular loaves - freezes well - sweet but not SWEET - you can taste the ingredients and it is better than you would think for a zuccini bread! Love the addition of coconut! I only added more cinnamon from a fresh cinnamon stick (shavings) and I added nutmeg. Made is a ton of times and thought I should send the thank you to Chele3397 for sharing =).
Very good! Moist and flavorful. I had never used coconut in zucchini bread before and it is really a nice addition. I might add more spices next time, such as a little nutmeg or ginger.