1/3 Photos of Christmas Slice
Though slated as a Christmas slice I think it could be served at any time of the year, from recipe+
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried mixed fruit
- 410 g fruit, mince
- 125 g butter (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 100 g chocolate chips (dark bits)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup brazil nut (coarsely chopped)
- 1Place dried fruit, fruit mince, butter, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large saucepan and over low heat stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts and then remove from heat and cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced.
- 3Lightly grease a 30x20cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
- 4Stir chocolate and egg into fruit mixture.
- 5Sift flours over mixture and stir to combine.
- 6Spread mixture into prepared pan and the spread mixture into prepared pan and then top with nuts and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre combes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan and cut into pieces to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Slice
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mixed fruit