Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 12 slice baguette (cut on a long diagonal)
- 44.37 ml instant espresso powder
- 29.58 ml hot water
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar, divided
- cinnamon, for dusting
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle and generously butter a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish or pan (3-quart; preferably glass or ceramic).
- Arrange bread in 1 layer in baking dish. Dissolve espresso powder in hot water in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Pour custard over bread, then turn slices over several times so they soak up as much custard as possible. Sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until puffed and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in dish on a rack 10 minutes, then dust with cinnamon.
This was a good baked french toast. The expresso power added a nice touch! Not sure what I did wrong but it seemed to turn out a tad soggy but I will try it again! Thanks for posting,, Made for My 3 chefs 08'