Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Get in the Christmas spirit with this mouthwatering dessert that is so easy to make and let the chocolate melt with every bite.
- Crumble the Swiss roll into the bowl and add the biscuit crumbs, jam, orange juice and dried fruit and mix together with your hands.
- Place the mixture on a board and shape into a roll about the size of the original Swiss roll, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge.
- Using a potato peeler, scrape about 15g chocolate into shreds on to a plate.
- Break the remaining chocolate pieces and put in a small bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted, or melt in the microwave.
- Beat the butter, then beat in the coated but still melted chocolate
- Unwrap the log, and using a knife, spread with the icing, use a fork to make it look like tree bark and dust with icing sugar to resemble snow.
- Put on a plate and sprinkle with chocolate shreds.
- If liked, make fondant icing mushrooms and dip the heads into cocoa powder, then colour some fondant icing green and cut out leaves.