1/1 Photo of Chris' Cinnamon Rolls
3 hrs 30 mins
These cinnamon rolls are delicious!! They remind me of the ones served in malls at a famous chain of restaurants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups butter
- 7 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1In a large bowl, combine the yeast, evaporated milk, and half and half.
- 2Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add the sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, salt, 2 cups flour, and 2 eggs. Beat together until very smooth.
- 4Add remaining flour gradually (1/2 cup at a time) until a soft but not sticky dough is formed that you can work with. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- 5When the dough is smooth, place it in a lightly greased large bowl covered with damp towel and let it rise 60-90 min (or until doubled).
- 6In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch until combined.
- 7Butter two 9 x 13" baking pans.
- 8Liberally flour a large, clean work surface.
- 9Punch down the dough to remove air bubbles, divide it in half, and transfer half of dough to work surface. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 20 x 30 inches wide.
- 10Spread 1/2 cup (1 stick) of softened butter over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch strip on the top edge without butter.
- 11Evenly sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter and press it down lightly into butter with your hands or the rolling pin.
- 12Starting with the edge of the dough closest to you, gently roll up the dough into a tight log, moistening the 1-inch top edge and sealing it.
- 13Cut off any uneven ends.
- 14Cut roll into 12 equal pieces (a little over 2" wide each).
- 15Place rolls into greased 9x13 pan.
- 16Repeat with second half of dough.
- 17Cover with plastic wrap, then set aside in a warm place to rise 1-2 hours, or until rolls have doubled in size and are almost touching each other.
- 18Prepare frosting right before baking rolls.
- 19In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- 20Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat until combined.
- 21Pour in powdered sugar and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Then, increase speed to high and beat for about 3-5 minutes.
- 22Bake rolls in preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tops start to brown. Do not overbake!
- 23Once you remove the rolls from the oven, spread half of the frosting on top of them -- this layer will melt into the rolls.
- 24Once they've cooled down, spread a dollop of the remaining frosting on each roll.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chris' Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 377.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g