1/3 Photos of Chow-Chow - the Hot Version
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe can be made with green tomatoes or ripe tomatoes. Whichever you prefer. The measurements can be altered to suit your own taste. It just depends on how hot or mild you want your chow chow. Yield is a guess. I use whatever size jars I have empty, so I never really know the exact yield.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop tomatoes and put into a large stock pot.
- 2Chop peppers and onions and put into pot.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring pretty often.
- 4Cook on med heat until thick, approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- 5Put into prepared canning jars.
- 6Making sure rims of jars are completely clean, place lids and rings onto jars and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chow-Chow - the Hot Version
Serving Size: 1 (5860 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7044.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 112.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g