Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good end of the season garden clean up and can!
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded
- 4 -6 jalapenos, seeded or not
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Finely chop all veg.
- Combine chopped veg with salt in a large glass bowl.
- Let stand for 6-8 hours.
- Drain well.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add drained veg and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Now bring to a boil.
- Ladle into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
I made this on a whim to try something different and it was a huge hit. My family puts it on everything from green salad to hamburgers, mix it into deviled eggs or just use it alone as a side.