1/1 Photo of Chorizo Stew
I love chorizo and quite often whip up a stew like this for supper. It is very adaptable to whatever you happen to have around the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (400 g) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika (preferably smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add in the bay leaves, onion, green pepper and chorizo.
- 2Saute for 2-3 minutes over a medium-high heat, then add the potato, beans, tomatoes, paste and spices.
- 3Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down very low and let simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- 4Stir the stew, then leave partially covered for another 20 minutes or until the stew is as thick as you like and the potatoes are cooked.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Ladle into bowls and top with the spring onion.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Stew
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 859.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 36.6 g