Recipe by Sackville
I love chorizo and quite often whip up a stew like this for supper. It is very adaptable to whatever you happen to have around the house.
Top Review by baamsw
This sounds a lot like Kale soup, which I love. Try it with some Kale and cut the tomato paste it is excellent, even my kids love it. Great way to get in some extra veggies for all!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (400 g) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika (preferably smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add in the bay leaves, onion, green pepper and chorizo.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes over a medium-high heat, then add the potato, beans, tomatoes, paste and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down very low and let simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir the stew, then leave partially covered for another 20 minutes or until the stew is as thick as you like and the potatoes are cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with the spring onion.