Recipe by jamiej
When I first got married my husband didn't like the chili I made (my mom's recipe), so I have changed it until I found what he likes. Now he LOVES it. About and two hours before it's done, I add cheese hot dogs to the crock pot--it does change the taste slightly, but he loves to eat chili hot dogs on butter poppy seed rolls. But if you don't like hot dogs, don't add them. I also use 1 can each of light red and dark red kidney beans for color, but you can use two cans of the same if you want. ENJOY!
Top Review by flower7
This is yummy! I followed the recipe pretty closely but was a little confused by the herbs - dry or fresh? I used dry but only used 2 tsp of each. I used portobello mushroom (and no hot dogs). The other confusion I had was knowing whether to cook on low or high. I cooked on low but only stirred it once halfway through and once near the end. Served with shredded cheddar-jack cheese and crackers; a little sour cream would be good too (but I was out). Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper