Recipe by Needles
I got this recipe from a friend who used to live in Ybor City. I expect its fusion cooking since Cubans generally eat Spanish Chorizo and this calls for Mexican. This is fairly strong...be sure to serve over rice or in tortillas.
Top Review by joao BBQ in Wasaga Beach, Canada
Fantastic Dish, Thanks for sharing. I did use less chorizo and more diced tomatoes (Whole big can approx 29 ounces) This just gave it more liquid. Served over basmati Rice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb good-quality mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Remove chorizo from casings and add to the frying pan, breaking it up as you brown it.
- Add canned tomatoes, salt and drained beans.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or in tortillas. You can top with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, or green onion.