Garbanzos (Chickpeas) With Chorizo and Spinach
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links chorizo sausage or 2 links turkey chorizo, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups Baby Spinach, fresh
- Heat the oil in a large pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and saute until the meat is lightly browned. Take the meat out and reserve it on a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, and bay leaves to the pan and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another few minutes, until it evenly coats the onions and garlic.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and water, and simmer the vegetables until the potatoes are just tender. This might take up to 30 minutes, depending on how large your chunks are.
- Add the garbanzos and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Just before you're ready to serve, remove the bay leaves, stir in the reserved chorizo and the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?