Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The secret to this salad is to chop the vegetables into pieces uniform in size.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-fried, crumbled
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake to mix well.
- For the salad, place the lettuce in an oval or rectangular bowl. Arrange the tomato, bacon, onion, avocado, and cheese in rows over the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss just before serving.
Phenominal! Family and guests loved it, alike. This salad is a perfect balance of bleu cheese and bacon with a touch of sweetness. Agreed, that this is a great summer time salad. Presentation is excellent as well.
I made this for lunch and it was fabulous! This is a salad I will be making often in the Summer months! I might add Chicken if I want to make it a main meal salad. Thanks for a great recipe!