Recipe by MarieRynr
The secret to this salad is to chop the vegetables into pieces uniform in size.
Top Review by a.calahan
Phenominal! Family and guests loved it, alike. This salad is a perfect balance of bleu cheese and bacon with a touch of sweetness. Agreed, that this is a great summer time salad. Presentation is excellent as well.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-fried, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake to mix well.
- For the salad, place the lettuce in an oval or rectangular bowl. Arrange the tomato, bacon, onion, avocado, and cheese in rows over the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss just before serving.