Recipe by mandabears
Good salad, easy enough for either everyday or company. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup packed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces prosciutto, well trimmed and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cooked cannellini beans or 3⁄4 cup chickpeas, optional,i use progresso brand
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: In a blender mix all dressing ingredients, after seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Salad: In a large bowl combine the romaine, prosciutto, (cannelini or chick peas), red onion, diced tomato, olives and artichokes.
- Mix well.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve sprinkled with the feta cheese.