Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really cheap and tasty dinner to cook up when you want an easy meal. Easily tweaked to your taste.
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (45 g) packet chicken noodle soup
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cabbage, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (optional)
- 1 cup green beans (I use frozen)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Place butter, onions and rice in a large saucepan and brown.
- Add soup mix and water.
- Add beef, celery, carrot, cabbage, beans and curry powder.
- Cook on low till liquid absorbed. About 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked taste and add salt to your taste. All soup mixes have different amounts of salt in them, so depending on how you like it, add some or not.
- •We like to serve it up and then sprinkle a little soya sauce on the top.