1/2 Photos of Chocolate Walnut Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
x Nat x's Note:
Melt in your mouth brownies, A quick step by step easy recipe for the perfect brownies.If you prefer not to have walnuts you can replace with chocolate chips, another nut like almonds or pecans or just remove the walnuts altogether.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour a few drops of oil into a square cake tin.Sprinkle the tin with a little flour. Set aside.Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl.Put a little water in a saucepan and heat gently until it simmers. Stand the bowl over the water making sure it does not touch the hot water.Turn the heat down to medium. Using a wooden spoon,stir the chocolate and butter until it has melted. Remove the pan and stir in the sugar ,keep on stirring ocasionally.Set aside.
- 2Sieve the flour and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Break the egg into a small mixing bowl.Pick out any pieces of egg shell that have fallen into the bowl. Beat the egg lightly with a fork until the yolk and the white are mixed together.Add the vanilla extract and set aside.
- 3On a chopping board,roughly chop the walnuts using a kitchen knife.Set aside.
- 4Add the chocolate mixture,beaten eggs and walnuts to the flour.Mix well until smooth,using a wooden spoon.Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface with a palette knife.
- 5Place the tin in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies are well risen.Wearing oven gloves, take the tin out of the oven. Leave the brownies in the tin for about 5-10 minutes or until almost cold. Using a kitchen knife, carefully cut the brownies into 12 bars.Carefully remove the brownies from the baking tin using a palette knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1242.2
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 260.8 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 91.2 g
- Protein 20.3 g