Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (approximately)
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- In a food processor or large bowl beat yolks and golden syrup together, add milk and melted butter then dry ingredients.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Heat a waffle iron, preferably one with a non-stick surface.
- When hot, ladle in a spoonful of mixture to cover the surface.
- Close lid and cook for approximately 1 minute until steaming ceases.
- Keep waffles warm in oven while preparing the rest.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas and drizzled with golden syrup.