Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I checked out this great cookbook from the library, The Juan-Carlos Cruz Calorie Countdown Cookbook. I saw this recipe, and marked it to save, before I return the book. I haven't made it as of this posting, but I love cheesecake, and if I can find a way (or recipe) to make it so it is just as good with less fat, then I'll give it a shot!
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (made from about 2 1/2 c broken chocolate graham crackers)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Spray the parchment.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the canola oil and 1 Tablespoon of the coffee liqueur. Press into the prepared pan in a single layer.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, blend together the tofu, remaining 3 tablespoons of coffee liqueur, the ricotta, cream cheese, maple syrup, Splenda, egg whites, egg, and cocoa powder until smooth. Pour into the pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until set.
- Turn off the heat and allow to sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack, then refrigerate overnight.