Tofu Banana Cheesecake
photo by Vye367
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
graham cracker crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (if you wanted to go all out healthy, you could sub fiber cereal and add a tablespoon of sugar)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 22 ounces firm tofu
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest or 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 8 ounces mandarin oranges
- Combine crumbs and melted butter.
- Press on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 6 minutes; cool.
- Drain tofu (not necessary if you are using Silken tofu). Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Cut tofu and bananas into chunks; add half to mixer and blend.
- Add second half and oranges, blend until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 325 until golden, but center still jiggles slightly when gently shaken (about an hour).
- Let cool in pan on rack, then cover and chill in refrigerator until cold (2-3 hours).
- To serve, remove pan sides and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and/or orange peel (if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to bake, especially when I can try different flavors and unusual combinatins. Someday I'd love to own a bakery, but for now I'm still just experimenting.