Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious combination of unsweetened and semi-sweet chocolate with toffee in a quick, easy cookie! You don't even have to get out your mixer!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate microwavable bowl, heat the chocolate, butter, and 2 cups of the chocolate chips on High 1 1/2 - 3 minutes until melted, stirring twice. Cool until lukewarm.
- With a whisk, mix in eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture just until blended, using a spoon. Stir in toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon or cookie scoop onto baking tray.
- Bake at 350°F, 2 inches apart, for 10-11 minutes or until the tops are just set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from the tray. Store tightly covered.
made this mainly for my wife. She is the one with the sweet tooth. I don't eat a lot of sweets although these were very good and my wife raved about them. The ingredients and measurements were exact and the cooking time was right on. Very good recipe. Made and reviewed for PAC spring 2008.