Chunky Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Another recipe courtesy of Land O Lakes. Who can resist chocolate, toffee and pecans all in one cookie!! Can substitute with any type of nut or omit them if that is your preference. You can also substitute 1 (6-ounce) package (1 cup) milk chocolate English toffee bits and 3 cups milk chocolate chips in place of the candy bars.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (7 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed. Stir in pecans, toffee and chocolate.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Awesome! These turned out great! And I can't stop eating them! :-) I did change a couple of things; I used semisweet morsels, chopped hazelnuts and heath toffee bits, as I had them on hand. Mine took about 14 minutes, but I baked 2 trays at once, and switched them halfway through. They are delicious; now I need to get them out of my house! Made for Best of 2010 tag game. Thanks so much for sharing, diner!
These were easy to make, and thoroughly enjoyed by my DH's co-workers. They have a nice buttery flavor, though definitely on the extra sweet side; I used two cups of choc/toffee bits and can't imagine doubling it, as the recipe calls for. My only other sub was to use 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour. <br/>Made for PRMRT
Wow! These are such delicious cookies!!! Chocolate, toffee, pecans - how could you go wrong? I used 1/2 milk chocolate chips and 1/2 semisweet (regular) chocolate chips, as I didn't have enough of the milk chocolate ones, and did use the toffee bits. I got 54 super delicious cookies! Decadent! Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag. Thanks for posting, diner!