Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
This recipe comes from a Good Food Magazine it’s quite easy to do but looks impressive enough to serve to guests. Cook time is chill time
- 200 g all-butter biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (100 g) dark chocolate bars
- 1 (100 g) milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche, to decorate
- 200 g raspberries, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits by putting them in a large, strong, plastic food bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter with the syrup or honey in the microwave, then stir in the biscuits. Press onto the base and up the sides of a 12 x 36cm rectangular tin (or 23-25cm round flan tin) and chill while you make the filling.
- Break up the two chocolate bars and put in a large bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for 2-3 mins on Medium, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then sift in the icing sugar.
- Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the melted chocolate. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Chill for at least 2 hrs or for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, remove the tart from the tin and slide it onto a flat plate (loosen edges first with the tip of a small pointed knife). You will find it easier to remove the tart if you leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Put a few tsps of crème fraîche along the centre of the tart (or around the edges if the tart is circular) and top each with a raspberry, then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with extra raspberries on the side.