2 hrs 25 mins
This recipe comes from a Good Food Magazine it’s quite easy to do but looks impressive enough to serve to guests. Cook time is chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g all-butter biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (100 g) dark chocolate bars
- 1 (100 g) milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche, to decorate
- 200 g raspberries, to serve
- 1Crush the biscuits by putting them in a large, strong, plastic food bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
- 2Melt the butter with the syrup or honey in the microwave, then stir in the biscuits. Press onto the base and up the sides of a 12 x 36cm rectangular tin (or 23-25cm round flan tin) and chill while you make the filling.
- 3Break up the two chocolate bars and put in a large bowl.
- 4Melt in the microwave for 2-3 mins on Medium, stirring halfway through.
- 5Stir in the vanilla extract, then sift in the icing sugar.
- 6Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the melted chocolate. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- 7Chill for at least 2 hrs or for up to 2 days.
- 8Just before serving, remove the tart from the tin and slide it onto a flat plate (loosen edges first with the tip of a small pointed knife). You will find it easier to remove the tart if you leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 9Put a few tsps of crème fraîche along the centre of the tart (or around the edges if the tart is circular) and top each with a raspberry, then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- 10Cut into thin slices and serve with extra raspberries on the side.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Tart
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.7
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g