Dragonfly AZ's Note:
These muffins are filled with a creamy chocolate chip cheesecake filling. From The Cake Mix Doctor's chocolate book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add vanilla and egg, beat for 30 seconds, or until well combined.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- 5Place the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low for 2 minute, scraping sides down.
- 6Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes, or until batter looks thick and well combined.
- 7Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- 8Spoon a heaping teaspoon of filling into the center of each muffin. (The filling will sink into the muffins as they bake).
- 9Bake muffins 23 to 27 minutes, or until the spring back when lighly pressed with your finger.
- 10Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edge of the liners and lift the muffins up from the bottom, using the knife. Place on wire rack to continue to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Surprise Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 216.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g