Recipe by **Jubes**
These are little chocolate meringues. They are a great hit with the kids. Fantastic sweet addition for a child's birthday party. This recipe is suitable for a gluten free diet, but be careful of the toppings,cocoa and chocolate used are also GF.
- 3 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 50 g grated chocolate
- 2 teaspoons sifted cocoa powder
- decorative candy sprinkles or chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 120°C ( 250°F ).
- Line biscuit or flat baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar, one spoon at a time. Mix until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the grated chocolate and the cocoa powder.
- Spoon into small mounds (1 -2 teasoons) or pipe onto the trays. Top with the sprinkles or the chopped nuts.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours until dry and firm.
- Allow to cool in the oven.
- Store in an airtight container.