Recipe by Chabear01
Taken from St. Charles of Borromeo Eighty Grade Class of 2002 cookbook, recipe submitted by Chris Dalisay. Chocolate and popcorn...the answer to one of my prayers...and this makes up into nice item to take for fundraiser bake sales.
Top Review by SnoDov
Oh my gosh, I have been looking for this recipe for YEARS!! My Great Aunt used to make these when I was very little and lucky for me she only lived two houses away! These are just like those I became so addicted too :) Thank you so much Chabear01 for posting, now I can make my own. (I knew I'd find it here)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups popped corn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa and salt to boiling in a 4-quart kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in popcorn. Cook and stir until popcorn is coated, about 2 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
- Shape into 3-inch balls. For easy shaping, dip hands in cold water from time-to-time. Place balls on waxed paper; cool.