Jello Popcorn Balls
photo by Chef Dee
- Ready In:
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (you can use any , we do it by color and season)
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- Mix all ingredients except popcorn in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook just till jello and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well and fast.
- Wet your hands under cold water, shake it off don't dry it and work quickly forming popcorn balls.
- As you make them , wrap them in squares of wax paper.
- Re-wet your hands in between forming.
- The amount you get will depend on how big you make them -- cook time is left blank because it will vary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So happy to find this recipe online. It's been a while since I've made them. The last time was due to a kids science project over which microwave popcorn left the least kernals, so lots of popcorn to spare! We started making these and the kids at my daughters school were clammoring for them!! I wasn't even sure they'd be edible with that popcorn but I was wrong!
see 6 more reviews