Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This is from my great grandmother...
Top Review by Ian M.
Made this pie for Thanksgiving with my nine-year-old daughter. Used a vanilla graham cracker crust. You need to take your time making sure the filling thickens before filling the shell. Pie was the hit of Thanksgiving. filling was firm with strong chocolate flavor, meringue and vanilla crust were perfect complements to make an excellent dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks, add in milk and melted butter.
- To milk mixture add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In medium saucepan cook over low heat until thick.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour into cooked pie shell and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with 3 Tbs sugar to stiff peaks.
- Spread over pie and bake until golden brown.