Recipe by Bev
If chocolate and pecan pie are among your favorites, you should give these delicious bars a try from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temp butter, brown sugar, flour,and salt until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and 2 TBS melted butter until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust.
- Bake until set, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan before lifting out (use foil to lift).
- Cut into 32 bars.