Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Chocolate, cream cheese and orange--what a wonderful taste sensation!
Make and share this Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt or tube cake pan.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, and mix at low speed for about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, or until batter is well mixed.
- Pour into pans and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for about 25 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before drizzling with a glaze made from powdered sugar and orange juice.
Very yummy cake! However, I wanted a little more of an orange-chocolate flavor, so next time I may add some orange extract and use a devils food or dark fudge cake mix. Thanks for a definite keeper!
I have had this recipe in my "Holding Tank" cookbook waiting for just the right occasion to present it at. Well, my mother-in-law passed away this week and we had a luncheon at our house today after the Memorial Service. I was honored to be able to make and serve this cake for our luncheon. I would echo Baby Kato's remarks to the letter. This cake is "Perfect, simply perfect" in its simplicity. I used a Brown Sugar Rum Glaze #410485 to accent the cake as I needed to make the glaze for Spring, 2010 PAC. I was sooo very pleased and humbled to include Zaar in my MIL's Celebration of Life because Zaar IS all about life and a cake such as this makes a perfect witness to that!! Thanks so much for posting. This is DEFINITELY a keeper.
An incredible cake. I loved the orange flavor. It didn't compete with the chocolate. Perfect, simply perfect. I have wanted to make this cake for a long time, I'm so pleased that I gave in to my craving. What an incredible moist tender, flavorful cake. It was quick and easy to make. The orange glaze adds to the subtle orange flavor of the cake. Thanks so much for sharing. :)