Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Chocolate, cream cheese and orange--what a wonderful taste sensation!
Top Review by FoodFromSicily
Very yummy cake! However, I wanted a little more of an orange-chocolate flavor, so next time I may add some orange extract and use a devils food or dark fudge cake mix. Thanks for a definite keeper!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt or tube cake pan.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, and mix at low speed for about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, or until batter is well mixed.
- Pour into pans and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for about 25 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before drizzling with a glaze made from powdered sugar and orange juice.