Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mmmm...these use some of my favorite flavors...chocolate, cream cheese, oatmeal and nuts. Leave out the nuts, if you prefer!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal, dry
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine cream cheese, margarine and sugars, mixing well until blended.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Spread into a greased (or sprayed) 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Cool; cut into bars.
- Top with powdered sugar or ribbons of frosting, if desired.
We enjoyed these. I doubled the recipe and made it in a huge pan in order to be able to freeze them for lunches. They are a bit crumbly and sometimes fell apart. But they had lovely flavor. Thanks.
These were wonderful!! I made them last night and brought them to work this morning and they were gone in no time. I am going to double this recipe the next time I make it and bake in my big bar pan for the Booster Club concession stand. Thanks for the great recipe.
Phenomenal.....very different from any bars I've tried. They bake up into a cakey texture, but absolutely melt in your mouth. I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks, but I think just about anything would work in these. A guaranteed hit at any party or bake sale! Very easy to make!