Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chock full of chocolate and walnuts...mmmmm
Make and share this Chocolate Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture.
- Press two-thirds of oat mixture into a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and remaining vanilla.
- Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares.
Very good. I spread the baked bottom crust with crunchy peanut butter which added some extra flavor. I have had these with M&M's on top of the chocolate mixture, and I am going to try that next time, since it was sooo good. Make sure you don't bake too much.
I was originally going to give this 4 stars based on my preference, but after taking it to my sons school and all the teachers asking for the recipe, It deserves 5 stars. TY
EXACLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! We used to have these at our church pot-lucks and it seems that they were ALWAYS there and ALWAYS good!! thanks JodiGirl!!