My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate in double boiler. Dip botton half of almonds into chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool.
- 2Gradually stir amaretto into remaining chocolate. Set aside.
- 3In sauce pan, combine gelatin and water.
- 4Stir in egg yolks, sugar and milk. Stir over low ehat until mixture thickens slightly and coats a metal spoon. Chill until mixture mounds.
- 5Fold in egg whites. Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set aside for decorating.
- 6Fold remaining cream mixture into chocolate mixture. Chill until mixture mounds.
- 7Line the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch spring form pan with ladyfingers. Pour in chocolate mixture. Chill until firm.
- 8When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and pipe rosettes of reserved cream around outter edge of cake. Press chocolate almonds into each rosette. Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake - Amaretto Saronno
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.2
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 300.1 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
amaretto di saronno liqueur