Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chocolate Mousse Cake - Amaretto Saronno recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler. Dip botton half of almonds into chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool.
- Gradually stir amaretto into remaining chocolate. Set aside.
- In sauce pan, combine gelatin and water.
- Stir in egg yolks, sugar and milk. Stir over low ehat until mixture thickens slightly and coats a metal spoon. Chill until mixture mounds.
- Fold in egg whites. Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set aside for decorating.
- Fold remaining cream mixture into chocolate mixture. Chill until mixture mounds.
- Line the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch spring form pan with ladyfingers. Pour in chocolate mixture. Chill until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and pipe rosettes of reserved cream around outter edge of cake. Press chocolate almonds into each rosette. Chill until ready to serve.