Prep 10 mins
Cook 336 hrs
A good garnish for drinks and baked goods when used sparingly. I found this in the New Diabetic Cookbook.
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar substitute
- 4 ounces chocolate flavoring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- Combine ingredients and put into a dark, sterilized glass bottle.
- Sterilize the bottle since it will be sitting for at least two weeks.
- Any type of chocolate flavoring would work. I find it in the spice section of the grocery store with the vanilla flavoring.
- Let stand for 2 weeks.
- Store as you would any liqueur.