Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A treat from Southern Living........yum! For Zaar World Tour purposes, please classify as MidAtlantic for the Hershey syrup. Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- Bring water and coffee to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding coffee grounds.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon into coffee until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
- Stir in half and half and chocolate syrup.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Serve over ice.
- Note: To keep coffee from diluting, freeze cubes of half and half and coffee to use in place of ice.
* * * Made for Comfort Cafe 2009 * * * This was very good. I made it using flavored coffee. I used Chocolate Caramel, and omitted the cinnamon. Thanks for posting such a good recipe.
Oh this was GOODdddddddd! Any coffee and chocolate lovers dream right here!
Good recipe for a refreshing take on coffee. I'm not a big lover of cold coffee drinks but this one I found very satisfying. I used fresh brewed coffee instead of the instant and no-fat half & half. I really liked the addition of the cinnamon as I think that adds the spark needed for my tastes. You were adopted for PAC April 2008.