Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
For chocolate lovers. Each too much and watch you waistline expand. But oh so yummy! From Hawaii.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate squares or 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 18 ladyfingers
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, then add sugar, water and well beaten egg yolks.
- Cook slowly until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the mixture cools, line a 7 inch spring form pan (bottom and sides) with split ladyfingers.
- Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and spread on top of cake.
- Add a few shavings of chocolate for decoration.
- Serve only small pieces as this is fairly rich.