Sandra Hyde's Note:
For chocolate lovers. Each too much and watch you waistline expand. But oh so yummy! From Hawaii.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, then add sugar, water and well beaten egg yolks.
- 2Cook slowly until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool.
- 4While the mixture cools, line a 7 inch spring form pan (bottom and sides) with split ladyfingers.
- 5Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- 6Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- 7Chill thoroughly.
- 8When ready to serve, whip the cream and spread on top of cake.
- 9Add a few shavings of chocolate for decoration.
- 10Serve only small pieces as this is fairly rich.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Icebox Cake
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g