Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For chocolate lovers. Each too much and watch you waistline expand. But oh so yummy! From Hawaii.
Make and share this Chocolate Icebox Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, then add sugar, water and well beaten egg yolks.
- Cook slowly until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the mixture cools, line a 7 inch spring form pan (bottom and sides) with split ladyfingers.
- Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and spread on top of cake.
- Add a few shavings of chocolate for decoration.
- Serve only small pieces as this is fairly rich.