Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yes, another version! I had this at a recent family gathering and loved it so much I tracked down the dear aunt who made it and wouldn't let her out of my sight 'till I had the recipe! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Cook time is refrigerator time.
- Mix pudding with milk until thick, then fold in Cool Whip.
- In 9X13 Pyrex pan, layer graham crackers, pudding, crackers, pudding, crackers.
- In saucepan, heat butter and corn syrup, then sift in confectioners sugar.
- After mixing thoroughly, add the chocoBake.
- Add just enough milk to be able to spread on last layer of Graham Crackers.
- Chill in fridge overnight.
- Do not cover.
For a quick 'frosting' for the topping, you can also use a tub of fudge ready to spread frosting! Just stir well, and carefully frost the top layer of graham crackers! Delicious!
I have had this receipe myself for sometime. My husband loves it so much that it has become know in our family as "Robert's Dessert". The only problem is finding the Choco-bake sometimes. Also, it works better if you just melt the butter and mix the topping ingredients together instead of heating up the corn syrup and butter.
If you can't find Nestle Choco-Bake, the company suggests that 1 envelope of ChocoBake can be substituted with: 1 oz/1 square of our unsweetened baking bar 2 oz/ 2 square of our semi-sweet baking bar, also reduce the sugar in your recipe by 2 Tbsp. 2 oz. (1/3 cup) of our semi-sweet morsels, also reduce the sugar in your recipe by 2 Tbsp. 3 Tbsp. of our cocoa powder, also add 1 Tbsp. butter/shortening to your recipe