Strawberry Poke Refrigerator Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (or use yellow cake mix)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix) or 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, completely thawed (do not drain the juice)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (or cream cheese pudding mix)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup use 18% table cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fresh sliced strawberry
- Prepare the cake as directed on the package and bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; cool to room temperature.
- Using a straw poke holes all over the top of the cake almost to the bottom about 1-inch apart (make large enough and deep holes, the more holes the better!).
- In a processor or blender puree the thawed strawberries until smooth, then slowly drizzle over the top of the cake paying more attention to the holes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For the topping; prepare the pudding mix using 1 cup only of half and half cream and add in the 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch to the pudding mixture while mixing; beat until smooth and thickened.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip until combined.
- Spread over the top of the cake (cake must be completely cold before topping).
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on top in a decorative pattern.
- Refrigerate for 2 or more hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 4 more reviews