Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Delicious creamy chocolate and custard cake, that is soft and delicious.
Make and share this Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Line with crackers.
- Mix pudding milk and fold in cool whip.
- Pour half of mixture over crackers.
- Add another layer of crackers.
- Pour remaining mix and add a final layer of crackers.
- Chill for 2 hours and make frosting.
- To make frosting beat together cocoa, karo, vanilla, margarine, powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Spread on chilled cake and chill for another 24 hours.
Tagged for Potluck Tag game. This is a tasty dessert treat. I did halve the recipe and made it in an 8x8 baking dish and it worked well. It was a nice change of pace for us. Thanks Kelly!
Everyone enjoyed this dessert. It is economical because you make your own chocolate topping, rather than purchasing store bought chocolate frosting.