Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious creamy chocolate and custard cake, that is soft and delicious.
Make and share this Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Line with crackers.
- Mix pudding milk and fold in cool whip.
- Pour half of mixture over crackers.
- Add another layer of crackers.
- Pour remaining mix and add a final layer of crackers.
- Chill for 2 hours and make frosting.
- To make frosting beat together cocoa, karo, vanilla, margarine, powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Spread on chilled cake and chill for another 24 hours.
Tagged for Potluck Tag game. This is a tasty dessert treat. I did halve the recipe and made it in an 8x8 baking dish and it worked well. It was a nice change of pace for us. Thanks Kelly!
Everyone enjoyed this dessert. It is economical because you make your own chocolate topping, rather than purchasing store bought chocolate frosting.